Thursday, August 29, 2019

Random notes on the commute:
Ah, wretched me!
My eyes I have blinded to your love
My heart beats faster at the thought of others
My dreams are of worldly landscapes
My breath, though it inhales your gift of life
Seeks joy from other but you.
You spread before me a green carpet
I trampled on it
You offered water to my parched lips
I turned my face away
You are ready to embrace me
I retreat and turn away
You have stood by me
Through joy and sorrow
In moments of pain and pleasure
When the sun retreats and succumbs to the night
You fill my heart with hope
Of another sunrise, another day
When my heart burns with anxiety
You fill my cup with love
In silence you have stood at the threshold of my soul
And rescued me from the clutches of despair
Yet...
I have failed to see you
To feel the warmth of your love
Honour the breath of life
And the flame of hope
And now that I must meet you
My heart cries out
Is there redemption, my Lord?
- Farhad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home